This one's now slightly out of order as I inadvertently deleted it! Having spent over two hours writing the Fraser Island blog, when I published it, it was full of corrupt links. In the process of deleting it but saving the writing, between my phone and the computer I managed to delete this one too so... I'm writing this one again from scratch! If you think I missed anything, let me know.
Friday 25th July 2014
After a lazy morning I headed to the treasury building (ironically housing the city's casino!) to meet Tim, who was a fellow traveller on my recent S'Africa trip but lives in Brissie. We took a free boat trip along the river while catching up on tour gossip before getting lunch and sinking a few pints on the South Bank. I was chuffed to discover this particular pub had Koppaberg on tap! Happy days! Post lunch we wanderd round town and enjoyed some street entertainment.
It was with a heavy heart that I packed my bag and left Brisbane. Arriving in Noosa, I realised there was a HUGE hill between Noosa Junction, where main shops were, and Noosa Head, where the YHA was. Luckily we had a shuttle bus to take to the hostel but I had to navigate the hill to collect some groceries. As a reward I got some quesadillas from Taco Boy before the chore of the supermarket. By the time I made it back to the hostel I needed to regain a normal temperature and breathing rate! After I'd recovered I found the beach and it was so overcast that you could bearly tell where the sea ended and the sky began.
In the evening I went to a welcome meeting and got chatting to a couple of girls from Warwick of all places. I finally got to enjoy some of the Commonwealth Games, cheering on England in the netball.
Sunday 27th July 2014
Another lazy morning preceded a walk into the National Park. The weather was completely different to yesterday and the glorious sunshine created some stunning views. It really was like somebody had remembered to turn on the paradise switch!
Grinning from ear to ear, my day was complete so I headed back to Noosa Head along the beach. Again, the views were amazing. Back on the main beach, this was the same view as I took yesterday. The difference is unbelievable!
Walking back to the hostel I met the Lucy and Georgie, the Warwick girls, so we enjoyed the sunset together. Back at the hostel there was a new guy and girl in my room. Amazingly he studies at Warwick Uni!
Monday 28th July 2014
A quiet day spent travelling to Rainbow Beach and hanging about in the hostel. This guy was the perk of the day, found at a service station.
Tuesday 29th July 2014
Another lazy day but I did get a great burger in a cafe and a hair cut in Rainbow Beach (not simultaneously!) as well as a walk along the beach where I was experimenting with panoramic photos.
I also discovered that people had inadvertently created patterns with their footprints. It also created an optical illusion as the angle of the sun inverted the prints.
These few days reminded me that the winter weather here is similar to the British summer weather. All it takes is for the sun to be switched on to transform it into paradise.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. - Maya Angelou









No comments:
Post a Comment